In health and well-being, we often overlook one indicator hiding in plain sight – our hair. The health of our hair can be an indicator of our overall health, and here’s how:
- Male pattern baldness isn’t just concerning in terms of physical appearance. It can also be associated with cardiovascular disease. Studies have shown that men experiencing hair loss, especially at a younger age, may face a higher risk of heart issues. Monitoring your hair could serve as an early warning sign for cardiovascular conditions.
- Your hair’s health is also a reflection of your diet. A diet rich in essential vitamins, proteins, and minerals can lead to healthy hair. On the other hand, deficiencies can result in hair thinning, dullness, or even hair loss.
- Hormones play a role in both hair health and overall well-being. Conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and thyroid disorders can disrupt the balance of hormones, leading to hair-related concerns.
- We are more prone to high stress levels these days, which can manifest in hair problems. Stress-induced hair loss is becoming increasingly common.
- Certain medications and treatments can affect your hair. Observing these changes together with your healthcare provider can help you understand the side effects of these treatments.
Don’t overlook your hair health! Give us a call at the first sign of hair loss to get properly diagnosed.